30 June 2008

Music Music Music/Chicago

At the Taste of Chicago yesterday (Sunday), I caught a free and very very up-close concert with Josh Kelley and the Plain White T's.

It rained pretty much the whole time- but at the booths AND at the performance which drew a huge crowd, it didn't look like ANYONE left.

Josh Kelley aka Katherine Heigl's husband has a few songs that I love- and seeing him perform "Almost Honest" and "Amazing" live was so awesome. He was pretty funny too, as was the rest of his band.
He played this song taken from his CD that is going to be played during the Olympics- joking that it will be the new montage song that will replace Sarah McLachlan's.


I seriously thought Plain White T's were just going to play their set and not really say much, but the lead singer is pretty funny! I've seen them comment on the "I Love.." shows on VH1, where they made me laugh and it didn't stop there. They played a new song from their album out this fall which they had never played before, along with "Our Time Now" (some people know this as the Greek theme song), "Hate(I Really Don't Like You), and "Hey There, Delilah."
The Chicago Sun-Times wrote a perfect article explaining their set, how the pouring rain that I stood in tied in with their music, and more.

Both performances were really really good- awesome for a free show!
*photo from marlerblog.com

No comments: