31 May 2008

Needs to be Fixed

The subject of teen car crashes seems to me like it's been on the rise in the media. Is the media just featuring more of this topic, or are there actually more incidents of car crashes involving teeangers? The article, distributed by PRnewswire.com, emphasizes the important role of parents in all this.

When I was at home, especially since I can remember starting in 2005 at my first year in college, I remember hearing about a ton of crashes involving teens in my area and surrounding areas. The causes including drunk driving, speeding, risky behavior behind the wheel, and accidents.

I think that parents should definitely be monitering their kids closely, especially when driving at young ages. The article also suggests having talks with your kids- which may sound cheesy, unnecessary, or uncomfortable. But it doesn't have to be long AND can make a huge difference.

The things parents say to their kids mold and shape them, and since this topic proves fatal, it's really important that this is paid attention to and addressed.

No comments: